My name is Lucy Tunstill and I own and run Canine In-Tuition. I believe training your dog should be a positive experience for both you and your dog, enabling you to get the best out of each other.
My enthusiasm for training began at a very young age, often creating obstacle courses for the family dogs in the field and swiftly moving on to competition agility with my flat coat retriever Ella.
My Canine interests soon moved into Gundog training and I now regularly work my small team of Labradors on various shoots throughout East Anglia, as well as on the grouse moors in Scotland when time allows.
During the summer months I compete in Working Tests and Scurries. In 2017 my bitch Flicker qualified for the finals of the BASC Gundog Scurry League, finishing in 11th place out of the overall 1600 entrants. I can often be seen taking part in Gundog demonstrations at numerous events, including the Bedfordshire County Show, the Horseheath Country Show and the Hildersham Country Fayre.
To date my qualifications and CPD include:
- Diploma in ‘Advanced Canine Behaviour & Psychology’ accredited by the Pet Education Training & Behaviour Council of Great Britain (PETbc)
- Higher Certificate in Professional Dog Training & Instruction (CIDBT)
- Modules and courses completed with the Canine Institute of Dog Behaviour and Training (CIDBT):
‘Dog Breed Specific Behaviour: A Psychological Insight’
‘Understanding Canine Aggression’
‘Advanced Professional Instructor Skills’
‘Practical & Effective Dog Training’
- Approved trainer with the Guild of Dog Trainers (GoDT)
- Two day ‘Dog Training Instructor Masterclass’ run by the CCSG & hosted by Lez Graham, writer of the ‘Pet Gundog’ series, and Ross McCarthy.
- Certification in ‘Dog First Aid Emergency Canine Care’
- Certification in ‘Dog Law in England and Wales’
I have also been a music teacher for the past ten years (teaching children, not dogs!). My knowledge of differing learning styles and teaching methods, combined with my experience and passion for working with dogs, enables me to create the very best learning experience for both you and your dog.
AdvDipPETbc, CIDBT Cert, MGoDT